"Frequently asked question about trading FXCoin on EtherDelta"
How to create account on Ether Delta?
The first step is creating a wallet within Etherdelta. Go to the “Select Account” section and click on “New Account”. A pop-up will appear, detailing your new Etherdelta wallet’s public key and private keys.
How can I Secure My Public Key and Private Key?
Be sure to keep your private key secure, and ensure that NOBODY has access to it. Losing your private keys means losing your funds. Here are ways that you can secure your private keys:
1. Write it down manually into a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe
2. Copy it online into wordpad/notepad and save the document on your thumb drive
3. Copy it online into wordpad/notepad and save the document in an encrypted format.
How to import an account on Ether Delta?
Click the Select Account option on right and select Import Account. To import account, you have to submit your Ethereum wallet address and Private Key.
How can I Transfer Ethereum (ETH) to my EtherDelta Address?
The most common Ethereum (and ERC20 coins) wallet is My Ether Wallet (MEW), which is free or can use any Wallet. Assuming that you’re using MEW, send the exact amount of ETH that you want to trade with from your MEW wallet to your Ether Delta public key/address.
How can I Buy/Sell FXCoin on Ether Delta?
Visit www.fxcoin.uk and click on Trade FXCoin menu. You will land on Ether Delta official website
How can I transfer/deposit funds from EtherDelta wallet to the Ether Delta Smart Contract?
Ether delta is a decentralized exchange and therefore, it uses smart contracts to execute your trades. In the “Balance” section, you’d see 3 columns: Deposit/Withdraw/Transfer.
Here’s what the column represents: Token: This is the ticker/symbol of the token you’re planning to trade and the base currency (ETH) Wallet: This is the balance that you have in your personal Ether delta wallet EtherDelta: This is the smart contract that you’ll use to create buy and sell orders
1. In order to start buying a coin, you have to transfer ETH from your Ether delta wallet to the Ether delta smart contract. Click on the “Deposit” column and enter the amount of ETH that you want to deposit into the smart contract to start buying the token of your choice.
2. Don’t transfer ALL of your ETH as you need a little ETH left to pay for the cost of executing the transaction. The transaction fees will be deducted from your wallet. Once you’re done, click on the “Deposit” button.
3. Once the transaction is successful, you’d see that the “Ether delta” column (which represents the smart contract) will be credited with the amount of ETH you will use to buy the token of your choice.
How can I Execute Buy Orders?
There are 2 ways that you can execute your buy order:
Creating a new order by manually filling up how many coins you want to buy, at what price, and the total ETH that will be used. You can enter all these information in the “New Order” section, and click the “Buy” column. Once you’ve done that, you order will be shown in the order book under “Buy Orders”.
The easiest way is to directly buy from a sell order in the order book, which was manually created by someone who wants to sell his tokens.
How can I Execute Sell Order?
There are 2 ways that you can execute your sell order:
1. Creating a new order by manually filling up how many coins you want to sell, at what price, and the total ETH that you will receive. You can enter all this information in the “New Order” section, and click the “Sell” column. Once you’ve done that, you order will be shown in the order book under “Sell Orders”.
2. The easiest way is to directly sell to a buy order in the order book, which was manually created by someone who wants to buy tokens.
What is an Order Book?
The order book is simply a compilation of all buy and sell orders.
Sell Orders: Orders that are created by those who wish to sell their tokens and are colored in red, arranged from the most expensive at the top to the cheapest asking price at the bottom.
Buy Orders: Orders created by those wanting to buy the tokens and are green in color, arranged from the cheapest at the bottom while the highest bid price is at the top.
How can I Buy from the Order Book?
Since you’re a buyer, you want to buy at the cheapest price that someone is willing to sell at. Click on the lowest sell order (yellow box). You’ll then see a pop-up which describes the buy order.
If you want to buy more tokens, then you can buy this whole sell order and find the next cheap sell order to buy from, until you’ve gotten all the tokens you want.
If you want to buy lesser tokens, then you can manually change the “Amount to buy ” field and specify the amount you want
Once you’ve executed the buy order, it will show up in “My Transactions” section under the tab “Trades”. It will show up in your trading history.
What if my Transactions are Too Slow?
If your transactions are always pending and take forever to be confirmed (as the Ethereum network could be clogged up), you have to manually increase your fees to speed up your transactions. You can do so by going to your account and selecting “Gas Price”.
How can I transfer funds from EtherDelta wallet to Personal Wallet?
The last step entails transferring all the tokens in your Etherdelta wallet to your personal wallet .Go to the “Transfer” column under your “Balance” section and:
Specify the quantity of tokens that you want to transfer out of Etherdelta.
Specify your personal wallet address in the “Address” field where your tokens will go to.
What if I lost my Private Key?
If you lost your private key, you will lose your all balance from. So this is recommended to backup your private key because it is the only way to access your account.
How can I calculate FXCoin price in Ethereum?
You can use FXCoin calculator for converting fxcoin price(USD) to Ethereum on "Trade FXCoin" section.
How long I have to wait for transfer FXCoin in Ether Delta wallet Address?
You have to wait for 24-48 hours to transfer FXCoin to your wallet address.
Where can I see my history and transactions record?
You can search your wallet address on Etherscan.io or etherplorer.io to see your wallet balance and complete transaction history.
How many ways I can use my FXCoin wallet address?
You can use this single wallet address to hold not only FXCoins but also Ethereum & all Ethereum based tokens.